Big Data Engineer
Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, Java, Python, Scala, ETL
I'm working closely with a leading Irish Fintech start-up with their immediate plans to hire a Big Data Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing efficient solutions for collecting, storing, and analyzing large datasets.
The ideal candidate will have experience with distributed systems, data pipelines, and big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL databases. You should also be proficient in programming languages such as Java, Python, or Scala, and have a strong understanding of data modeling, ETL, and data warehousing principles.
In this role, you will work closely with data scientists, software engineers, and business stakeholders to understand their data needs and design solutions that meet those needs. You will also be responsible for maintaining and optimizing existing data pipelines and infrastructure.
What you need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Big Data Engineer or similar role
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or Scala
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding of data modeling, ETL, and data warehousing principles
- Experience with distributed systems and data pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Background or interest in FinTech is very desirable
Get in touch with Graeme King at Reperio to discuss further
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.