Cyber Security Analayst (SOC) - Ontario
Desired SkillsSecurity, Analyst, SOC, SIEM, Security, Network, Firewalls, Penetration Testing
We are working with a global company to help find their next Cyber Security Analyst.
This role is ideal for candidates who have significant work experience in the cyber space and want to stay technical/hands-on.
You will be part of a evolving team of Security experts working on global projects.
What will you be doing?
The Cyber Security Analyst will participate in the expansion and implementation of security policies and procedures, leverage Network Monitoring, Logging and SIEM systems to produce alerts, audit data and reporting to detect suspicious activity.
The successful candidate will also analyse the threat data to help the Information Security team to determine what response is appropriate.
- Examine, investigate and report security incidents
- Manage and perform internal & external penetration tests, application & network vulnerability assessment scans, and security risk assessment reviews
- Ability to develop and analyse processes
- Identify and detail information risk, governance and compliance concepts and principles
- Monitor, evaluate, and advise on information security issues related to systems, data, network and workflow to ensure security controls are appropriate and operating as intended
- Working knowledge of application & infrastructure security solutions (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection\Prevention Systems, Network Security, Password Management, Data Encryption, Vulnerability Scanners, SIEM Systems and Access Control)
- Working knowledge of information security concepts, standards and best practices
- Monitor security advisories, trends, alerts and vulnerabilities, and communicate accordingly with team managers and data owners
- 5+ years experience in Information Security/Network Security
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux systems, Active Directory Architecture, EDR, Data Governance, Vulnerability Management, SIEM systems, and Information Security compliance and standards
- Server and Network Device Security Hardening (routers, switches, firewalls, virtual environments are a plus)
- Strong understanding of governance, risk and compliance frameworks such as NIST and CIS
- Hybrid working from home
To apply for this role, please click on the link below or for more information, contact John James on +1 919 948 3693.
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.