Systems Administrator - Durham
Desired SkillsSystems, Administration, Engineering, Unix, Linux, Citrix, Scripting, Python, Perl, Bash, Shell, ITIL, Networking
Our client a top player in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare Industry, are seeking to hire a mid to senior Systems Administrator based in North Carolina.
You will be working in a dynamic environment (Unix/Linux) that will provide you with new challenges daily.
This is a very social team that puts a lot of effort into team work and helping each other.
As a Systems Administrator, your primary focus is to drive the IT service function of the business.
You will have excellent customer service skills along with a strong technical background.
You will be required to provide senior support to frontline staff along with the management of incidents and other relevant tasks.
This is a great opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join a forward-thinking company that will give you an environment where you can learn, develop and give you the chance to further progress your career.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role and/or a technical support position preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX, Linux, and Citrix
- Competent in scripting languages such as Shell (Bash), Pearl, VBscript, and Python
- Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of computer network technologies (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS)
- Ability to learn and apply appropriate procedures within assigned area of specialization
- Strong knowledge of ITIL (ITIL certified is a plus)
- Proven background in incident management
- Relevant IT certifications are also advantageous
- Continually improve the relationships between the business and IT operations
If you like working in a dynamic environment, like the idea of new challenges, continuous learning and career progression, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in the Systems Administration role, please contact John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital on 919 578 4800 or apply via the link below.
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.