Software Development Manager
Development Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Manager, Lead
My client are a world-renowned robotics, machinery and industrial automation company hiring for their Cork office which is focused on their Software Products. This is an environment which uses modern technologies and cloud computing as well as building software that interfaces with hardware products in an interesting way.
The first and most essential hire is for a Software Development Manager who will lead three teams within the company. The team is incredibly high-performance and they only hire the best of the best, but there is no hands-on technical responsibilities in this role so it may be well suited to some one with a background in development, particularly developing software that interfaces with hardware, but some years away from the technical work, i.e. as a Project Manager or a Software Team Leader.
This role is in Cork/Hybrid - 3 days per week.
- Manage multiple software development teams through the release of new products
- Work closely with hardware and firmware departments
- Liaise with Marketing, Technical Documentation, Product Management, Customer Support and more Senior Stakeholders to help define the vision and plan of action around release
- Encourage and manage the career growth of employees, be a personnel leader for developers on your teams and have a mentor's approach
- Build a high performance team virtually from scratch
- Adapt to a broad and varied product suite and understand the business' objectives
- Cost planning for your teams.
- Experience leading teams in some capacity through entire SDLC
- Experience coaching software developers
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- 2+ years leadership experience (Program Management, Software Development Management, Team Lead etc)
- 8+ Years in Software Development
- Experience working with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Test-Driven Deployment
- €90,000 - €100,000
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working
- Very strong maternity/paternity cover, sick pay and life assurance (family values company.)
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.