Software Engineer - Java/Scala - Raleigh, NC
Desired SkillsSoftware, Developer, Engineer, Java, Scala, Clojure, Data Science, Big Data, Machine Learning
We have an interesting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join a company and assist with the implementation of Data Science and Machine Learning technology.
This will offer you the chance to join a forward thinking, progressive start up. This is a real opportunity to implement your own ideas for the company's future direction.
- Collaborate with others to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions that meet business and market needs
- Maintain existing software systems including cloud based infrastructure
- Push big data technologies to the limits to help better our products and services
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Software development experience preferably with a JVM based language (Java, Scala, Clojure)
- Experience with distributed data handling and storage technologies like Amazon Kinesis, Redshift, DynamoDB, and Redis
- Exposure to infrastructure management technologies like Puppet or Chef utilized in a cloud-based environment like AWS
- Experience working with Git, Subversion or other SCM tools
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with Big data Tools like Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark
- Strong understanding of query languages and tradeoffs between relational and non-relational systems
- Working knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation)
- Solid understanding of software development best practices and methodologies
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
For more information on the Software Engineering role, please get in touch with John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital on +1 919 948 3693.
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.