Database Architect - Raleigh/Durham
Desired SkillsDBA, Architect, PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Cloud, AWS, GCP, Azure, DevOps
Please note that the client are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time. Applicants must be a US Citizen or hold a valid Green Card
We are currently working on an exciting new role with a rapidly growing e-commerce company in the healthcare sector.
They are seeking the expertise of an experienced Database Architect to join their product development team.
The Database Architect will thrive in a fast paced agile environment. You will be joining a company that has been on the market for 25 years and has continuously moved with innovation and technology.
During the crisis the company have been able to consolidate and keep things moving forward and are now looking to expand their engineering team due to market demand.
They are currently in the process of breaking their monolithic to smaller applications and they require the expertise of a Database Architect to build out their servers, restructure the data and eventually move the database to a cloud based environment.
Very rarely will you get a role that allows you so much scope to improve and make your impact known.
- Articulate, define and execute on a data tier strategic vision and capabilities to support application and customer business requirements in a distributed, cloud environment
- Plan, architect and guide delivery of critical, complex database features at enterprise scale, including purge/archive, backup/recovery, data refresh, and overall database architecture and scalability
- Develop and enforce standards for relational and non-relational database design and development best practices and design tools to enforce these practices at scale
- Continuously evaluate current trends in the data technology space and provide recommendations on best practices and new/differentiating capabilities, including active vendor engagement and product roadmap review and feedback
- Collaborate with development and operations leadership to identify data tier feature gaps, improvement opportunities and proactive enhancements to increase quality of service
- Develop and enforce best practices for application use of database, in conjunction with database development and database administration teams
- Expertise in more than one major relational database (preferably PostgreSQL / EPAS) such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, etc.
- Expert knowledge of database architecture and implementation planning and execution, and demonstrated delivery of enterprise-scale database
- Expert knowledge of efficient database configuration and schema design for OLTP, OLAP, DW use cases
- Expert-level understanding of database query tuning and optimization
- Demonstrated experience of architecting databases in cloud platforms such as Google GCP, AWS, Azure
- Working knowledge of one or more cloud data warehouse (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Working knowledge of middleware/application access methods to database, including connection pools, JDBC etc.
Salary for this position is $110-150,000 DOE, with benefits including PTO, 401k Match, Education, Health, Vision & Dental.
For more information on the Database Architect role, please contact John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital on 919 948 3693.
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.