Senior Performance Testing Engineer - Hadoop/Big Data/Cloud
Desired SkillsFinance, Banking, Investment, Tester, Performance, Load, Stress, NFT, Soak, QA, Java, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, Jenkins, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Big Data, Cloud, LoadRunner, Jmeter, HP ALM, Performance Center
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for experienced Performance Test Engineers to join a leader in the financial industry based in the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina.
Amid the current crisis, the client have had a very successful start to the year with hiring to be at the fore front of their plans. They are going through an exciting phase of growth and with the addition of new resources, plan to further their already proven success.
As a Performance Tester you will be joining an organisation where you will get the chance to work in a Big Data/Kubernetes environment.
You will be required to architect and create the framework, building initial samples for the development team to implement, scale and build out the detailed test scenarios which you will review results and help to identify where bottle necks might occur.
You will predominately be constructing test harnesses, implement testing tools and assisting in delivery of strategy to add value of what is already in place and improve on this.
You will have an in depth understanding behind the principles of testing, with a strong development background as you will be collaborating with developers and coming up with optimum configurations for performance testing.
This role will suit someone that has good leadership and extensive knowledge to share and develop others around them.
Tech Stack: Hadoop, Java, Spark, SQL, Teamcity, Jenkins, Chrome, IE, HP ALM and Performance Center
What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Industrial Engineering; equivalent work experience may be considered
- 8+ years knowledge/understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); all phases and types of testing
- 6-8 years' experience in programming with Java, Hadoop, Spark or similar
- 7+ years' experience in application profiling, performance/capacity tuning & scalability
- 7+ years' performance engineering, scripting and execution with load testing tool
- 4+ years SQL Server database experience
- Familiar with Agile development practices
- Experience working in highly automated enterprise class software environment, preferably at scale with thousands of tests going through gated CI pipeline
- Strong working knowledge and experience with different testing technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full stack experience
- CI/CD methodologies, Big Data orientation
- AWS and Azure Cloud experience
- Application Development experience (Java or C#)
- Jira, Kubernetes, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins experience
- Knowledge of LoadRunner, HP Performance Center, NeoLoad
For more information on the Performance Tester role, please get in contact with John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital on 919 948 3693.
Keywords: North Carolina, Raleigh, Cary, Durham, RTP, Finance, Banking, Investment, Tester, Performance, Load, Stress, NFT, Soak, QA, Java, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, Jenkins, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Big Data, Cloud, LoadRunner, Jmeter, HP ALM, Performance Center
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.